Which cross are these?

Jay262

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
When i bought these orginally they were supposed to be mallard x indian runner crosses but the older they get they look more like blue swedish to me atleast 3 of them does the fourth brown and white one looks like a runner. What do you guys think?Im ok with whatever they are i really like them very quiet birds and hopefully will lay well once they start there around 5 months old now.

IMG_6266.jpg

Last edited:
The blue and white in the front right, looks like it could be a runner X. The 2 in the back do look like swedish. The brown, hmmm
hu.gif
Maybe a runner something but I would not say mallard at all. Cute.

Actually looking at the one in the back on the right looks like a runner head but hard to tell.

Last edited:
Well as far as i know there all crossed birds. But they look more to me like a runner x blue swedish cross rather then a mallard like i was orginally told. Which still works for me i dont mind that at all just looking for others opnions. I will try to get another pic but the black one in the back is more errect like the blue one in the front of him while the other 2 sit kinda low and horizatial.

Last edited:
The front two I would guess are both runner crosses due to the colour patterns. A friend of mine does have run a mixed flock and has some the colour of the rear two as well though- but all 4 are very solid- but could be runner crosses. With so much colour genetic diversity in runners it really is amazing the colours you can get from offspring. Did the previous owner have a variety of breeds?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Ancona thrown in the mix on those front 2.
The back 2 look Swedish X Runner to me, too.

Very pretty. Such fun.

After talking to the previous owner he doesnt seem to know forsure what they are he said forsure the father was a runner drake but the mother who he tought was mallard could have been a number of crosses before that.

the two in back are a blue and black swedish the front two look like a rouen x fawn and white runner and a splash swedish x fawn and white runner

I am the previous owner. Somebody locally gave me the "mallard" ducks (they are colored like mallards, so I'm not sure). There are/was also a white runner x _ duck, a white runner x _, and a blue runner x _.

I could try and post pictures tomorrow to help out in this mystery. Also, I have no knowledge of Swedish genes being in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom