Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dress #10

• Dress #11

• Dress #12

• Total voters
HaHa, now now, I shop at Walmart. But the dresses all came from eBay. For us out here in the sticks, Walmart is the only store we have. In fact the Superfesh is closing thanks to Walmart.
wink.png

Quote:
theres a store called Superfresh? I think I have seen everything now. My life is now complete.

ETA: Unless super fresh was referring to their vegetables and food not the clothes.

Last edited:
Quote:
Are you kidding? That's ridiculous (in my opinion).

I don't think it is... By the age of 30 people don't usually have the long, slender legs that young folk like to show off by wearing a shorter dress or skirt

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-plus-size/dresses?cm_ven=google&cm_cat=dress&cm_pla=plus_size&cm_ite=plus%20size%20women%20dresses&ef_id=Zz1N6FbUfQwAAM9o:20110603033652:s
That's
a link to some flattering dress styles. Check it out and study the more flattering styles and why they are. Individual mileage may vary.
big_smile.png
Many of the same basic styles can be found at discount stores or even the Rack for $10 on clearance. For larger sizes, I think hemlines that hit just at the base of the knee are most flattering since that's usually at the most narrow point of the leg. Hitting at the largest point of the leg, whether above or below the knee are seldom the most flattering for plus size women of of any age.

No hemlines over the knee for anyone over 30 is a bit fashion backwards and extreme in my opinion...matching age appropriate style with body type seems to be the key for the most flattering wear.

Quote:
I am over 30, and wear my skirts/dresses at the top of the knee or a little above. OR rather I did, before my knees got fatter.
Still would if I didn't have ugly knees......... only because I am short......so longer skirts make me look dumpy.

Gotten too clumsy for heels like I used to wear.......so anything below the knee makes me look stubby legged
gig.gif

There is no absolute rule on this, only common sense. At the top of the knee or slightly above Im sure is appropriate when you choose to wear it.
Sadly too many women choose to cling on to a short outfit a few years and a few pounds too long.
Nothing screams desperation like a 30+ fat girl in a miniskirt...

Btw... you don’t necessarily need heels like you used to wear... a nice wedge will work just fine

Have some. Still clumsy. I have always been clumsy but it used to come in spells.....now it happens almost daily.
roll.png

Quote:
Are you kidding? That's ridiculous (in my opinion).

I don't think it is... By the age of 30 people don't usually have the long, slender legs that young folk like to show off by wearing a shorter dress or skirt

But so what? Who cares if they have long slender legs or not? As long as they're happy with what they are wearing. We all have to look like models now in order to wear something we like?

Quote:
Whatever the heck I choose to put on that day is what is appropriate. It's MY opinion of how I look and feel that matters as far as I'm concerned. I could give a darn what anyone else thinks is "appropriate" for ME.

Now I know better, but a comment like that leaves me wondering "Do you shop at Walmart?"
lol.png

I was thinking of the people wearing their pjs to walmart....or ....... the people of walmart must think the same thing at least.

Back
Top Bottom