Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dress #10

• Dress #11

• Dress #12

• Total voters
The legnth and design placement is good. I'd add a white caridgan in a light lacy pattern to keep from sunburning and to balance out the color saturation. keep shoes simple and solid, so the dress isn't compeating with accessories.

I actually like the design myself, and I like the beads on the strapping.
smile.png

I like dress #2 the best by far. I think it displays best the free and summery style you seem to like going by the photos. I think the color of green also keeps you and your skin tone looking vibrant.
smile.png
Course, I am biased towards green!

I miss Ocean City................
sad.png
Yep, a cardigan would be nice, I like the colors on you........I'd ditch the pearls thou, that kind of dress is more casual and pearls to me, or at least that many are more dressy.
big_smile.png

Of the 13 I prefer 12 and 13.

I think you are on the right track with the empire cut but the gathering is not as flattering as it could be in a more structured version.

You did not state what occasion for which you were dressing.

If we were to go shopping, I would encourage you to avoid the large flowers. They are pretty but I notice the flowers and not you. I think that the right dress should make people notice you first and then what you are wearing. Personally, I hate wearing bras but a good bra makes you look a thousand times better than no bra especially under a dress. Embrace those curves. Our society has such a warped idea of how women are suppose to look and me as someone who looks more like Michael Angelo's plump beauties, I am okay with my curves. I do wear good foundation undergarments because I hate the rolls that are formed when I try to wear stuff that hits me in the wrong places but I hate dieting and running much more.

I think that depending on where you live I would encourage you to do some layering of clothing and jewelry. I think that blocks of color are really more flattering and you can bring in your prints with a light sweater or keep it neutral and add some interesting strings of beads and a beautiful pin.

My opinion really doesn't matter. How do you feel in those dresses? Which makes you happiest or feel the most empowered?
I say, wear that dress and work it girl!!!!!
Caroline

Much better photography this time. Steph, there are sooooo many more flattering styles out there for you!!! To be honest, and not go behind your back this time, I am gonna put it out there. Lose the whole body patterns. Women built like us need a solid on either top ot bottom. I Usually choose bottom because my belly is big. I would rather enhance the boobage than the buttage. You clearly LOVE Hawaain prints. They are not the most flattering for you.
hugs.gif
I hope I don't sound mean. I do not want to sound mean. You need ALOT less business going on to look attractive in your clothing.

Quote:
I disagree for the most part. There are things I love that I KNOW are not the most flattering on me, and you know what? I just don't care. This is coming from a perspective of me trying to please others for way too many years. I live for me now. I dress in what I like, not what others think is appropriate. Who is living my life, me or others? Anyway, I did express this before, I'm just repeating it. I really feel life is short, and for me at least, I want to wear things I love, period. I would rather see Fattie in a dress with a nice big smile then see her in something "more body appropriate" and not nearly as happy. I believe what's appropriate is whatever the heck makes her happy. Rock on with those Hawaiian prints!!
wee.gif

I personally like # 2 and 8 the best for casual on you and # 12 for something dressier. # 12 is a fav because it fits you better in the chest and has the black stripping across the upper waist showing off your figure. A few of the others look crazy comfortable but do not show off your figure. IMO. I love these dresses! Where do you shop ??

Back
Top Bottom