Which Hatchery is the Best Hatchery?

So far I have ordered chicks from Ideal and have only had a good things to say. The chicks got from Texas to Michigan in 2 days. I was just looking for a backyard flock not show chickens and mine are just that a great bunch of chickens. I like that they have a dollar amount not a chick amout minimum. We raised the extra roos for warmth and butchered them. Worked great for us.

cackle hands down! never had a dead peep in the box, never had sick or deformed birds, very good quality of birds. and they have awsome specials and deals. and they have a wonderful selection and the best prices around. customer service is great, they are very friendly, very helpful. there birds actually look like the birds in the catalog for the most part, and the majority of the photos in the catalog and on the website are of their OWN birds. you wont get that from mcmurry.i really like cackle and will continue to order from them.
to contrast.........at mcmurry they just have drawings of birds and their inferior and intensely inbred and poor stock look NOTHING LIKE the birds in the drawings. there shipping practices are questionable, and they routinely forget parts of your order. but thats just my opinion.

Very interesting info here. I got my McMurray catty a while back, and just got Cackle's today...
I guess the one question I have, is, why does Cackle make you buy 5 pullets minimum?

Quote:
It's to make sure they have enough in there to help keep them warm for the trip. That's why most hatcheries require you to buy 25. You can ship less if you insulate the box and/or throw in a warmer. Aslo chickens are not solitary birds, they need a flock to thrive so it's probably less stressful to them if shipped together.

Last edited:
CACKLE HATCHERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

if i were you, i would order from Townline Hatchery. they have the BEST brown egg-layers, they sell ISA-browns that lay about a egg-a-day! the minimum order is 15 and the prices are reasonable too! i strongly reccomend them to anybody. if you are interested their websie is www.townlinehatchery.com. i hope you order from them!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

CACKLE HATCHERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I agree

But if you want hatching eggs, go with Superior Farms, their birds are supposed to be SQ.​

''No hatchery sells real Ameraucanas or Araucanas, very few hatcheries sell birds that look like what you think they will look like''

I THINK eagle nest does since at my fair they told me that this roo and hen I had were and I got first.

Back
Top Bottom