Which Hatchery to Choose?

Quote:
Yes, I know that Myers Hatchery will ship 3 but shipping costs a lot. If you want to order from them I would either call them or get their catolog because their website is not easy to go on and you cannot order off of their website either unless they changed it since I last went on?

But then again, I just saw this:

DON"T GET FROM MEYER!!! I have purchased chicks from there and they are NOT good quality! All the Delawares I received were of Columbian feather pattern and the GL Wyandottes have large combs and the "laced" pattern is really bad with lots of solid black feathers. And then again one of my favorite birds came from this hatchery, her name is Elsie and she is supposed to be a Delaware but is totally wrong. But she has lots of personality follows me around when I do chores and jumps up on my lap whenever I sit down. If you just want laying go ahead, but not good feather quality.​

Last edited:
Mt Healthy it is recomened by some top breeders. They do not carry alot of breeds but what they do carry is very good. Privett is another that has some decent stock. Also check Craigslist in your area. You will find chicks for sale local on it.

I recieved 75 Assorted chicks from Mt Helathy, no pasty bottom, NO problems AT ALL growing like little weeds. My only issue is I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!

I looked all over cackles website and did not find speckled Sussex. My mistake if I am wrong I will call them Monday and ask.

I like McMurray. Privett has the worst bred chicken I have ever ordered. I'm trying a rare breeder this year. Gabbard farms. They have the rare breeds.I will be getting Marans of all kinds,as well as hacthing eggs.

Meyers is a good source for speckled sussex per a knowledgable breeder. They are very rare and only a couple breeders in the US of SQ stock.

Have you considered buying very nice breeder produced stock??

Marans-- try a local source-- check craigs list or the marans 2012 breedrs list

Back
Top Bottom