which one is better at hatcing eggs

chickenpets786

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2015
hello i have two hens who i think will go broody in spring so in a few months and don't know which one will be a better mother or will go broody.I have done my research but don't know info on each specific chicken on broodiness.which one will be a better mother warren hen or black rock hen??????
plzz help want to extend my flock
btw dad will be indian aseel rooster
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me ?????????????????

How are you predicting broodiness so far in advance? Either way, some hens are better mums than others, so it may be a case of suck it and see and if it's their first rodeo, they could be rubbish at first and improve with experience. Sorry, I can't help you with the breeds you mention, but commercial breeds aren't generally renowned for broodiness. I hope other members with experience with the breeds you mention will chip in and help you further.

All the best

Ct

I agree with CTKen. You just can't really know beforehand how they'll do. Why not let them both sit on eggs and find out?

The best broody and mother I've had in recent years was a Black Sex Link--despite having had Brahmas, Cochins and Silkies.

thank you!!!!!!! so much CTken and popsicle for your help, i have checked and they are not broody at all and will try in spring with both of them or whenever they're ready.
thanks again!

You are most welcome. Good luck and let us know how things go.

All the best
Ct

Back
Top Bottom