White Beak growths

oxymoron71

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 2, 2019
Morning….can anyone tell me what these white growths are on my quail’s beak? She is 3 1/2 yrs old & lives indoors alone so I don’t believe it could be something she’s caught. It’s only appeared in the last week or so & I can’t find anything online similar. Sorry not a great pic, I had to take it with the front camera!

Attachments

• ED5918A9-A99C-4ACE-A36B-47F70684E566.jpeg
    ED5918A9-A99C-4ACE-A36B-47F70684E566.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 7
It looks like mold or fungus, but it's hard to say from the picture. What is their texture? Do they wash off?

She's quite old for a quail, so it's possible that she's drinking then eating and not cleaning it off?

It looks like mold or fungus, but it's hard to say from the picture. What is their texture? Do they wash off?

She's quite old for a quail, so it's possible that she's drinking then eating and not cleaning it off?
No it’s hard, like calcified. I’m just wondering if it might be limescale…we have very hard water here 🤷🏼‍♀️ Just a thought

Can't really tell by the pic but it could possibly be Hyperplasia?
Sometimes they get growths from constantly rubbing their beak on the wire or an abrasive surface....even on feeders.
Unless it starts to cover up the nares and prevent breathing, nothing really to worry about....sometimes they go away as quickly as they appeared.

Morning….can anyone tell me what these white growths are on my quail’s beak? She is 3 1/2 yrs old & lives indoors alone so I don’t believe it could be something she’s caught. It’s only appeared in the last week or so & I can’t find anything online similar. Sorry not a great pic, I had to take it with the front camera!
Wow, her beak is super long! Can't say I've ever seen one curve down like that - has it always been like that?

Back
Top Bottom