White Cornish Standards

Are you guys selling or know somebody else who shares white Cornish breed as baby chicks/young pairs or hatching eggs this season?

It is really hard to get a breeder who sells them.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

White Cornish Large Fowls were common 50-60 years ago......Never see any anymore.......What a shame too....I don't know much about genetics, but I once had Bantam Dark Cornish and a cross with a bantam cornish male and a Large Fowl New Hampshire female threw some Large Fowl offspring......Maybe same would work with whites to help with fecundity....?

Several months ago I was able to purchase 5 standard white cornsh chicks out of which I kept 1 rooster and 1 hen.  Over the past 2 months I have attempted to hatch a total of 21 eggs with poor results.  The eggs are fertile but few live to hatch and all but 3 have died as chicks.  I have good facilities and knowledge going back over 70 years so the only thing I can think is inbreding.  So do you know of any breeder in the Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas area where I could find new blood?  Feel free to reply by e-mail to [email protected].  Thank you and I will appreciate any help.  David F. Peixotto

I have the same problem. Did you find any of a different line to get?

DuckBoy I live in Ky and raise Standard white cornish and am looking to get rid of the few I have left as I dont have the time for them anymore. Where are you located? And what are your plans for them? Thanks

Last edited:
i live in hopkinsville. i plan to breed them to keep true and also cross some. thanks let me know,

Cornish man
I have been looking for white cornish for a while. Just happened to search tonight and found this forum. I would like to have a few breeders or juviniles to keep and be base for a color experiment. I have Columbian Rocks and would like to attempt to set the Columbian pattern on a cornish. I am in Cadiz, KY about 30 min from duck boy although I do not know him. Let me know if I might be able to get this stock from you. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom