White crested black Polish gender

juicyfruitMAC

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2023
I bought this today as a pullet and wanted to be sure this is a pullet and not a roo

Attachments

• IMG_4277.jpeg
    IMG_4277.jpeg
    831.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4278.jpeg
    IMG_4278.jpeg
    700.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4279.jpeg
    IMG_4279.jpeg
    762.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4280.jpeg
    IMG_4280.jpeg
    830.9 KB · Views: 5
I bought it at a auction it was in a cage with mixed breeds and ages and was told it was a pullet after I won the bid
Shoot - I hate to say it, but I believe this is a cockerel.

This bird has wattles and a partially developed crest. Combined, usually means it's a boy because it will tell us a general age. And even so, you can see his forehead feathers sticking straight up, and some even pointing out - which adds another strike.

Typically, we don't see noteable wattle development on our pullets until very late, sometimes around 4 months and I can't say I've had wattles this big on even some of the hens.

As always, I very well could be wrong, but I'm going to have to say I am pretty darn certain here. I will say that my whole determination is based on guessing the age by how full the crest is. Did they happen to say how old it was?

Could you maybe send a few more pics? Like a whole body shot from a few feet away?

Shoot - I hate to say it, but I believe this is a cockerel.

This bird has wattles and a partially developed crest. Combined, usually means it's a boy because it will tell us a general age. And even so, you can see his forehead feathers sticking straight up, and some even pointing out - which adds another strike.

Typically, we don't see noteable wattle development on our pullets until very late, sometimes around 4 months and I can't say I've had wattles this big on even some of the hens.

As always, I very well could be wrong, but I'm going to have to say I am pretty darn certain here. I will say that my whole determination is based on guessing the age by how full the crest is. Did they happen to say how old it was?

Could you maybe send a few more pics? Like a whole body shot from a few feet away?
You are definitely right I didnt notice earlier but he has very tiny bumps on his legs which are definitely spurs its not what i wanted but definitely a good learning experience i guess ill just take another roo thanks for all the help and being very detailed that will for sure help me in the future

Back
Top Bottom