White eggs

Carson213

Songster
Aug 31, 2020
West Coast
I am very excited that I found a hatchery that sells pullets that lay white eggs. It almost seems impossible to find pullets that lay anything but brown, green, blue, etc...

I grew up with chickens that laid brown eggs...is it too much to ask for a chicken that lays white shell eggs?

I am very excited that I found a hatchery that sells pullets that lay white eggs. It almost seems impossible to find pullets that lay anything but brown, green, blue, etc...

I grew up with chickens that laid brown eggs...is it too much to ask for a chicken that lays white shell eggs?
that will be a total novelty

Leghorns, polish, D'uccles and spitzhaubens both lay white eggs. Easy enough to find in any hatchery

I've had just about every combo of color egg layer out there. Personally I could care less about egg color. I look more into the other characteristics of the breed. Only thing I care about when it comes to eggs is size and how they taste.

If color is your priority then go for it and good luck.

Leghorns, polish, D'uccles and spitzhaubens both lay white eggs. Easy enough to find in any hatchery
I wonder if the OP is talking about started pullets rather than day-old chicks? Or mainly has experience with what breeds are ordered by local stores?

I agree that white layers are easy to find as day-old sexed pullets from any major hatchery in the USA.

I wonder if the OP is talking about started pullets rather than day-old chicks? Or mainly has experience with what breeds are ordered by local stores?

I agree that white layers are easy to find as day-old sexed pullets from any major hatchery in the USA.
Could be. They just said it was practically impossible to find white laying pullets at hatcheries

Back
Top Bottom