White Rock Gender?

donnavee

Crowing
13 Years
May 7, 2009
Hillsborough NC
This is a 11 week old White Rock from Meyer Hatchery. Supposed to be a girl, but pretty sure it's a boy. No crows yet but that comb looks pretty big to me. Very pretty, but if it's a boy I probably won't keep it. Have a few senior girls and afraid they would get too much attention once he starts breeding.
white-rock-roo.jpg

I like the Plymouth Rocks, and have also had some nice buffs. Lovely dual purpose birds! If this boy is polite, he would make a nice flock rooster.
Mary
Thanks. I may give him a chance - I have a 6 yr old Cuckoo Maran & Russian Orloff that move a bit slower these days. Not sure if a young boy would zero in on them as easy targets. Time will tell what kind of personality develops.

Cockerel

Is that black in his tail?
Actually, he just has a little wispy tail. What you see is a leaf on the ground, but it does look like it's part of him. He is pure white. I got 2 White Rocks, the other one has a small comb and regular looking tail. Kept hoping they sent the wrong breed and it was just a girl maturing more quickly. :fl, but wishin' don't make it so.

This is a 11 week old White Rock from Meyer Hatchery. Supposed to be a girl, but pretty sure it's a boy. No crows yet but that comb looks pretty big to me. Very pretty, but if it's a boy I probably won't keep it. Have a few senior girls and afraid they would get too much attention once he starts breeding.
View attachment 1529987
Actually, he just has a little wispy tail. What you see is a leaf on the ground, but it does look like it's part of him. He is pure white. I got 2 White Rocks, the other one has a small comb and regular looking tail. Kept hoping they sent the wrong breed and it was just a girl maturing more quickly. :fl, but wishin' don't make it so.

Back
Top Bottom