White silkie, black dot

It would still be a standard white silkie. Just one with a flaw or fault.
I agree its not right to pluck a feather and I wouldn't do it but many do and worse.
All depends how important winning is to you.

I didn’t cheat bc know one knew. And the rules say if the show secretarys see you then you are dq! And i got a rooster to help get rid of the black. And the breeder told me too! I had a buff silkie with at least 15 black feathers in her tail! When I first met the breeder i asked what i could do to help with black in my buffs tail! She said to come here, so I followed her, and she took the chicken and in the MIDDLE of the show she started plucking every single black feather and putting them in the garbage can!! I was like ahhhh I’m gonna get DQ right here!! Luckily no one saw! She said to pluck any foreign colors, i said ok, but i was like if i do it i am going to at home!!!;):hmm:th:gig:hugs

I didn’t cheat bc know one knew. And the rules say if the show secretarys see you then you are dq! And i got a rooster to help get rid of the black. And the breeder told me too! I had a buff silkie with at least 15 black feathers in her tail! When I first met the breeder i asked what i could do to help with black in my buffs tail! She said to come here, so I followed her, and she took the chicken and in the MIDDLE of the show she started plucking every single black feather and putting them in the garbage can!! I was like ahhhh I’m gonna get DQ right here!! Luckily no one saw! She said to pluck any foreign colors, i said ok, but i was like if i do it i am going to at home!!!;):hmm:th:gig:hugs

It’s quite disturbing how ok you are with altering your bird. It’s still cheating if no one sees you and I know you know that. Have fun with that.

:thumbsup I was like you when the breeder started plucking her feathers, and i was like no way i am not doing this and then i tried! All of the Breeders i talked to do the same thing! Even the ones from different countries!

All of the Breeders i talked to do the same thing! Even the ones from different countries!

I don't believe that in the least.
There's still people out there with principals.
Then there's the ones with egos to feed.

I don't believe that in the least.
There's still people out there with principals.
Then there's the ones with egos to feed.

Good breeding will always trump cheating. Maintenance for show should not include plucking feathers and missing feathers will show up for any good judge; the hole will be obvious. I used to shampoo mine and oil their legs a couple of days before show, which I consider maintenance. Plucking feathers is abusive of the bird, at least in my view.

I would breed him to the black and the 'white' hen. From that group, if the white is what I believe her to be, all of her offspring will be Blue Paint, whilst all of the Black hen's offspring will be Blue. I wouldn't put the partridge hen in, as that would involve mixing the e-series; the three other birds are (or ought to be) based on Extended Black, therefore any offspring they have should be pure for their colour variety. When you mix the e-series, the offspring will all be impure; blue with gold/silver leaking through, depending on the father's hidden ground-colour.

Here are their babies!! I have a splash rooster, a white hen (that had the black dot) and a black hen. What color are these babies??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190210-155446_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190210-155446_Gallery.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20190210-155428_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190210-155428_Gallery.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190210_155520.jpg
    20190210_155520.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20190128_145258.jpg
    20190128_145258.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190210_161052.jpg
    20190210_161052.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 12
All blues, did none come out white? How many did you hatch thus far?

As the mothers are both black, without blue and the father is splash, double-dose blue, the offspring will vary from light to dark; most show standards require a mid-dark slate blue, but this is achieved from breeding blue-blue to limit the variation. I prefer the darker blues myself, the not-quite-black one in picture 3 is lovely.

Back
Top Bottom