White Sport Cream Legbars

Cream Legbar Club

Summer Membership Meeting

Hi everyone! Reminding you of the meeting Saturday morning for all full members, 12:00 noon EDT, 11:00 AM CDT, 10:00 AM MDT, and 9:00 AM PDT depending on your time zones! Please find the links and other pertinent information below!

You have been invited to a join.me online meeting

Join the meeting: https://join.me/creamlegbarclub

On a computer, use any browser. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter meeting code: creamlegbarclub

Join the audio conference:

Dial a phone number and enter access code, or connect via internet.

By phone:
United States - Atlanta, GA +1.404.801.3225
United States - Camden, DE +1.302.202.5900
United States - Detroit, MI +1.734.746.0035
United States - Hartford, CT +1.860.970.0010
United States - Los Angeles, CA +1.213.226.1066
United States - New York, NY +1.646.307.1990
United States - San Francisco, CA +1.415.655.0381
United States - Tampa, FL +1.813.769.0500
United States - Washington, DC +1.202.602.1295
Access Code 590-638-471#
Other international numbers available

By computer via internet:

Join the meeting, click the phone icon and select 'Call via internet'. A small download might be required.

Hello I am interested in owning my own White Legbars. What is the probability of acquiring eggs to incubate and producing the white sport cream Legbar? Is it more possible from the white patents rather than the cream?

Does anyone have any eggs for sale that might have a higher probability of the white sport?

Thank you!

Hi Sorry I had what you needed but broke up my breeding pens for the season. Is now a mixed flock. I do have a white rooster that could use a home if you had a hen split to white.
Basically if both parents are split to white you will get 25% white and 50% split to white 25 % cream. If one parent is white you go up to 50% white 50% split to white. FYI Meyerhatchery.com is selling Frost White Legbars for $62 straight run $75 for pullets.

I should add if one parent is split to white you will get 50% cream and 50% split to white, visually they are the same. Only way to tell which are which it to try different rooster hen combinations til you get white chicks.

Hello I am interested in owning my own White Legbars. What is the probability of acquiring eggs to incubate and producing the white sport cream Legbar? Is it more possible from the white patents rather than the cream?

Does anyone have any eggs for sale that might have a higher probability of the white sport?

Thank you!

I have broken up my breeding pens a couple months ago) I will be putting them back together in a month or so.

I can have them a few weeks after the roosters and hens become friendly again.

Aloha Chicken7777,

Where do you live? Hopefully you can find some close to you. I do know that Duluthralphie is a long time breeder so hopefully youʻre close by.

Good luck, Puhi

Third Annual Cream Legbar Club Online, Virtual Show

Rules for the Show:

1. Pictures of the entry birds should be unobstructed, close up views with profile views preferred.
2. Pictures should be visually appealing and taken by you.
3. Pictures must be of living birds.
4. Pictures must have been taken within two months of the show start and end date, November 1 - December 22, 2017. Although not a requirement for this show, a digital date on the picture is helpful.
5. Pictures of birds must be posted on the Cream Legbar Club Third Annual Online, Virtual Show Facebook event page.
6. Entries will be accepted from November 1, 2017 – December 22, 2017.

Categories of Entries:

1. Varieties of Entrants: Cream Legbars, Golden Crele Legbars, and White Legbars
2. Entrants must be labeled as: Cocks, Hens, Cockerels, or Pullets

Judging and Results:

1. The best and reserve cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet for each variety will be determined.
2. The best and reserve variety will be determined from the best cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet within that variety.
3. The best and reserve in show will be determined from the best in variety champions.
4. The current Revision 4 of the draft Standard of Perfection (SOP) for the cream legbar will be used for judging. This draft SOP will also use the current drafts for the golden crele and white legbars in combined SOP format.
5. The judging will be done by an APA registered/licensed poultry judge (if available).

Awards:

1. The Best in Show and Reserve in Show winners will receive a one year paid membership to the Cream Legbar Club
2. Only one award membership will be granted per entrant.

Recommendations:

1. When adding your entry to the Facebook event page, please ensure that you title your entry with the variety and label of the bird to be entered.

Examples: Cream Legbar Cock; White Legbar Hen; Golden Crele Legbar Cockerel; Cream Legbar Pullet, etc.

This will greatly facilitate judging of the bird and eliminate any confusion of the variety that you believe the bird to be.

2. The judging will be done by an APA registered/licensed poultry judge (if available). So do your best to present your birds in show condition. If this were a live show, the judge would examine and pick up the bird. As such, the judge would expect to find birds freshly bathed and in peak condition.

3. Show birds have attitude!! They unfailingly have a sense of who they are and this message comes across loudly in the pictures of the bird. This, too, is a point of judging birds in a show. How does the chicken carry himself or herself in presenting themselves to other chickens and people? Capturing this attitude in a picture can make all the difference especially since the APA judge is unable to pick the bird up or observe the bird’s behavior in an online show.

4. Pay attention to lighting and setting. An artist will always ask “What is the light doing to the colors?” Your birds will show better in good lighting rather than a dark corner.

5. Chickens do not naturally pose for pictures! Try to take a lot of pictures and choose the one that best shows your bird. Ideally, you would like to see a relaxed inquisitive bird in the picture rather than a frightened bird chased into a corner.

As always, we wish everyone the best of luck in this online show. We are really looking forward to the great pictures of your birds and the results of the great work that you are doing to support the legbar breed and its varieties!
FINAL NOTE: As noted in the judging section, we will use the current draft Revision 4 of the Cream Legbar SOP as posted on the club website. This revision 4 will be presented in a combined SOP format with the Golden Crele Legbar and White Legbar draft SOPs. We are seeking the APA judge’s and your comments particularly on the Golden Crele Legbar SOP. All legbar varieties use the same shape and physical structure of the male and female, this will be evident as you peruse the draft Combined SOP.
Third Annual Cream Legbar Online, Virtual Show_page_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom