White stuff? in comb cracks

bcatfish

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2021
Hello! I'm wondering about this whiteness on my Isbar's comb. The whole flock has some scant whiteness but the roosters have it the worst and this Isbar is the worst of them. The hens look more like dry flakiness. They do get good organic feed and barely any treats ( a fifty pound bag of scratch lasts months.) I also add nutribalancer to the feed. Do chickens get dry skin? Is this a fungus? Would teatree oil be irritating this close to the eyes? Thanks for any help.
cleardot.gif

Attachments

• IMG_2354.JPG
    IMG_2354.JPG
    509.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    516.5 KB · Views: 7
Wow scarring! I did have four roos before, now three. He's going to a friend so I want to make sure it's not contagious. I would think my little d'uccle mini roo would have the worst scarring. He always loses the girl. I'll have to go take another look at him. Thanks for your thoughts!

Wow scarring! I did have four roos before, now three. He's going to a friend so I want to make sure it's not contagious. I would think my little d'uccle mini roo would have the worst scarring. He always loses the girl. I'll have to go take another look at him. Thanks for your thoughts!
You'd be surprised how fierce bantam roos can be!

Hello! I'm wondering about this whiteness on my Isbar's comb. The whole flock has some scant whiteness but the roosters have it the worst and this Isbar is the worst of them. The hens look more like dry flakiness. They do get good organic feed and barely any treats ( a fifty pound bag of scratch lasts months.) I also add nutribalancer to the feed. Do chickens get dry skin? Is this a fungus? Would teatree oil be irritating this close to the eyes? Thanks for any help.
cleardot.gif
It looks like Favus, a fungal disease and it's contagious. Treatment is Miconazole cream as needed until it's gone. Wear disposable gloves when applying it to effected areas.

It looks like Favus, a fungal disease and it's contagious. Treatment is Miconazole cream as needed until it's gone. Wear disposable gloves when applying it to effected areas.
Do an on site search on Favus. Looks like a possibility to me too.

Back
Top Bottom