White/ yellow watery poop, acting strange

CharissaWirick

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2023
Hello everyone.
I have a 12 week old black copper maran named Hennabelle Lee. Today, I noticed white-ish/ yellow-ish watery poop. She is acting grumpy-- hunched up with her head tucked (almost like she is cold?) She isn't lethargic, but acting sleepy. When I let the other chickens out to play in the yard, she just sat there at first and looked apathetic. After a few minutes, she walked out and started pecking at grass and acting slightly normal. After I put them back in the run 10 minutes later, she is still acting strange. She did let me pick her up. Her crop doesn't feel full or swollen. Her abdomen doesn't feel swollen. Her comb/ wattle are pickish red (has become pinker over the last couple of days).

I cleaned the droppings board this morning and did not see any white/ yellow poop until I watched it drop from her this evening.
I have posted a picture of Hennabelle's poop and her weird head tucking that she is doing.

Some info:
She is on DuMOR chick starter/ grower 20%
I added apple cider vinegar to their water yesterday.
I gave the girls some watermelon and canteloupe yesterday.

I'm a new chicken owner. I am trying to learn as much as possible, but I guess I can't learn everything :(

Thank you in advance for any help/ advice!

Attachments

• tempImage7f7jkv.png
    tempImage7f7jkv.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 59
  • tempImageek9sOw.png
    tempImageek9sOw.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 18
  • tempImageHlwKO2.png
    tempImageHlwKO2.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 18
I would try to get some Corid just in case she is showing symptoms of coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water, changed daily, for 5-7 days. Treat all the birds at once.
Thank you! What are some other signs I should look for?

Back
Top Bottom