Whiting True Green? Cockerel or pullet?

Apr 28, 2019
Western North Carolina
Hi there, I'm new to chickens and this website...I'm not sure if these pictures are at the right angle or enough to tell but I got 4 pullets and I am nervous one may be a cockerel...it's bigger than the others, I think has a slightly larger comb, and acts differently. It's also possible it's just older than the others because the lady I got them from did say she had the ones born a week or two apart mixed up. These birds are (supposedly) 7 weeks old right now.

IMG_6702.JPG
IMG_6706.JPG

As for if it is a Whiting, I am bad at calling those predictions. Whitings to me cover a huge range of colors and other indicators. One of the reasons I was scared to order any when I ordered my other chicks. Was worried I would not be able to tell them apart from the Easter Eggers when they were super young (and I was selling off some of my chicks).

I would say that it is a pullet. Yes, the comb is big and reddish however, it is also pink and for seven or eight week old, that does not really look like a pullet to be. The comb is not that big compared to that of a cockerel of that age.
Very pretty chicks! I love the colors!

Back
Top Bottom