Who’s the cockerel?!

Jmc11

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2023
I have a mixed flock who are all 8 weeks and a few days. I heard a crow attempt this morning so trying to see if my suspicions are correct. First two are blue Plymouth rocks, second two are black australorps supposedly all sexed females. Bonus two at the end one a frizzle bantam and a polish bantam (they were unsexed)! I personally think the polish is a cockerel he’s the smallest and fiestiest 😝
Let me know if I need closer/better pics of any of them! I have two silkies but I’ve seen they are hard to sex young but let me know if anyone wants pics to take a shot at it 😁

Attachments

• IMG_0584.jpeg
    IMG_0584.jpeg
    852.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0607.jpeg
    IMG_0607.jpeg
    650.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0588.jpeg
    IMG_0588.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0600.jpeg
    IMG_0600.jpeg
    635.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0597.jpeg
    IMG_0597.jpeg
    584.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    622 KB · Views: 24
They all look like females to me, including the Polish. The first blue one has a bigger comb, and so does the second Australorp, so it could be one of them. I think it's just going to take more time or catching the culprit in the act to know for sure.

I have a mixed flock who are all 8 weeks and a few days. I heard a crow attempt this morning so trying to see if my suspicions are correct. First two are blue Plymouth rocks, second two are black australorps supposedly all sexed females. Bonus two at the end one a frizzle bantam and a polish bantam (they were unsexed)! I personally think the polish is a cockerel he’s the smallest and fiestiest 😝
Let me know if I need closer/better pics of any of them! I have two silkies but I’ve seen they are hard to sex young but let me know if anyone wants pics to take a shot at it 😁

Update! I caught the roo, it was one of the silkies (golden/copper colored) I didn’t picture 😁 I’m so excited to have a silkie roo I hear they are sweet, so far no one else has crowed so hoping he’s my only roo from this flock which are pretty good odds 8/9

Back
Top Bottom