Frizzle chick: Roo or Hen?

MiniMamaHen

Chirping
Apr 5, 2023
This little guy is around 4 weeks old. We bought him? from a local lady who has a mixed flock of Silkies, Bantam Polish Crested, Cochins, and Japanese Bantams. We’ve always wanted a Frizzle so it doesn’t matter to us if it’s a boy or girl. However, our Roo died recently and we are hopeful for a Roo. He will sometimes peck at us when we reach into the brooder, and seems to exhibit some Roo traits, but no crowing yet that we have observed. I’ve read that Frizzles are some of the hardest to sex. 🫣 (he’s the one on the left) note that in my mind it’s a Roo so I’m accidentally referring to it as a He in my post 😅

Attachments

• 0354FC8A-7387-49FA-A981-055264A8A917.jpeg
    0354FC8A-7387-49FA-A981-055264A8A917.jpeg
    564.3 KB · Views: 62
Cockerel
Just a heads up if you do keep any offspring from him that are frizzled don’t breed them back to him or any other frizzle. You’ll get a frazzle which is double gene frizzle and you don’t want that. It will cause chicks to die in the egg, hatch then die, or if they do make it to adults they won’t be healthy birds.

Cockerel
Just a heads up if you do keep any offspring from him that are frizzled don’t breed them back to him or any other frizzle. You’ll get a frazzle which is double gene frizzle and you don’t want that. It will cause chicks to die in the egg, hatch then die, or if they do make it to adults they won’t be healthy birds.
Thank you! Yes we don’t plan to breed him with a Frizzle. We for sure wouldn’t want to do that to the poor babies. 💔

Back
Top Bottom