Who else has a name for their flock?

StripeyThing_1

Chirping
Dec 15, 2022
Hello all! I am StripeyThing_1.

When I say “Who else has a name for their flock?” What I mean is who else has a name for all their chickens in general.

When I go outside to my coop I will always yell this “name” I have given them so that they know I’m coming. My friend always greets her flock by saying “Hello chickypoos!”

So I want to know, what’s your special name? I’ll go first:

“Ey pipos!” I always yell “ey pipos” when I see my flock, that way they always know it’s me and the get very egg-sited.
Don’t ask me how we got this weird name but all my hens love it

"Big Girls and Boys" is pretty generic, but it really IS what I call the main flock. When I go out to the run, I always greet them, "Hey Big Girls, how many eggs have we got today? Did you pay the rent for me? How's my Big Boys? Are you watching out for the ladies?" and so on.

I also have several groups of chicks, various ages, that I'm raising to replace hens that are aging out and to fill the freezer. I give the 'tribes' alphabetical names each year. This year, they are "Alfredos," "Barbeques," "Chilis," and "Dumplings." If I hatch more in the fall, they will be "Fricassee" and "Gumbo."

Last year, I called the groups "Alpha," "Bravo," "Charlie," "Delta," "Echo," and "Foxtrot." I don't know yet what I'll do next year! :hmm Maybe "Basted," "Deviled," "Omelette," "Over-Easy," "Poached," and "Scrambled" or something like that. :drool But that's not A-B-C-D-E alphabetical.... hmmmm... have to give this some thought!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom