who else has eggs cooking???

(Mind you, I have only hatched one batch so far!)
One pipped on Day 19 evening. 2 more LATE that night. By morning, one chick was born. About the other half were born later that day (Day 20) and the rest were born mostly in the morning of Day 21.
I was surprised they were "early!"
I think you'll be fine. Hatching is EXTREMELY exhausting for a baby chick, so they work, then rest. Many, many times. :)

our first baby hatch tonight on day 19!!! It's so cute and my daughter named her daisy (I hope shes a hen). Should I remove her tomorrow or just leave her in there until the others hatch. We candle them this morning and they were moving inside the eggs, just haven't pip yet.

Last edited:
A female stripe-y chick will have darker more defined stripe. and dark line around the eyes if that helps. Yours looks pretty dark for now.

Can't see much but the little one I was nervous about got its beak out this am!!! And there are two others pipping now!!!

I would leave her in there. I made the mistake of quickly grabbing out half of my chicks after 12 hours and I dried out the membranes of the others trying to hatch. This time, I'm going to leave them all in there for up to 36 hours I think.

I would leave her in there. I made the mistake of quickly grabbing out half of my chicks after 12 hours and I dried out the membranes of the others trying to hatch. This time, I'm going to leave them all in there for up to 36 hours I think.
I agree. I think I lost a couple in my first hatch for that same reason. Gonna try and resist the temptation this weekend

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom