Who else is waiting for that first egg?

I have 8 pullets that are 11 weeks old and I am still waiting for the first egg. Taking along time but it is worth the wait to me!!:D:)

Our first egg! From Delilah, one of my Ameracaunas.
yesss.gif
Congrats on such a pretty green egg!

So impatient here. 21 weeks BO's. Thought comb and wattles were red 3 weeks ago but they get redder! (Is redder a word?) Thought she was squatting a week ago, still think she is. No interest at all in the nest box. Where are my eggs Stop? Go and Yield are a week younger.

My gals were about 26.5 weeks old last weekend when they started laying. I'm a newbie, but I'm pretty sure you've still got a bit of a wait. Hang in there. It's SO cool when they finally start! Definitely worth the wait!

Five Buff O girls and two Welsummer girls, all five 19 weeks old today. The Wellies have been singing for two weeks now and I saw one of the Buffs squat for our Welsummer rooster today(The Alpha Buff O didn't wait around to let him get the job done. That boy needs to learn to work faster!) Everyones' wattles are bright red as are their faces and the combs are starting to turn. Hopefully, I'll soon be telling my husband that the birds are finally earning their crumbles, but not today.

Maybe I need to spiff up the nesting boxes, a little wall paper, a few pictures, give the place a nice homey look to it.....

Last edited:
My three buff orps are 21 weeks old. One has a bright red wattle, and the other two are getting there. No eggs yet, but I just heard my first egg song--the most mature one started, and then the other two chimed in. Hopefully not too much longer.....

First egg today from my isa's. 18 weeks and 1 day old. So tiny, beautiful brown coloring and the shell is perfect. Now hoping the other 11 will start also!

Update:
Got home today and had a second first egg! Now for the other 10 to start! The second one is bigger and darker then the one this morning.

So maybe...soon....Man, I hope.

The funny thing is that our two 19 week old Welsummer hens have been singing for two weeks.....but so have the two roosters. The hens start to sing and the roosters join in. Silly boys.

We have 6 younger hens. Three Welsummer, one Buff O, one Speckled Sussex (I just LOVE these sweet birds and want more!) and one Lavender Orpington that is the youngest at approx 10 weeks of age. So the ball is in the older hen's court and we are impatiently awaiting that first egg!

Back
Top Bottom