Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Don't even know how old mine are. I should've kept a diary or something.

Here is a pic of my hens. Can anyone
tell age range by pics?

I'm far from a pro but from what little I can see of their faces, they look like mine did at about 13 weeks. I have six barred rocks and they are changing daily!

My girls at almost 15 weeks

The girls today at exactly 16 weeks

I don't see it... Prob because I'm on the mobile version! It's exciting waiting for the first eggs so far only my RIRs are paying rent lol which is fine for now since I wasn't expecting eggs this soon lol

Hey, good call on the mobile version not showing signature lines. I didn't realize it did that until you said something. Funny thing is that I posted that post from my phone.

Anyway, looks like this: 3 BR, 2 gold lace wyandottes and 2 silver, 7 Isa Browns, and 6 Buff Orps. I think I got that right lol. It's correct in my signature line that I can't see.

Sadly, I don't have any RIR's, and all my breeds are supposed to start laying around 20-ish (or more) weeks best I can tell by when others have gotten eggs out of them. I'm hoping that some will start early and putting a lot of effort into trying to keep my coop very low-stress. If there is anything else I could do to get them to start laying, I don't know what it is.

Congrats on your early eggs--I'll make an official announcement when i have one.

Hey, good call on the mobile version not showing signature lines. I didn't realize it did that until you said something. Funny thing is that I posted that post from my phone.

Anyway, looks like this: 3 BR, 2 gold lace wyandottes and 2 silver, 7 Isa Browns, and 6 Buff Orps. I think I got that right lol. It's correct in my signature line that I can't see.

Sadly, I don't have any RIR's, and all my breeds are supposed to start laying around 20-ish (or more) weeks best I can tell by when others have gotten eggs out of them.  I'm hoping that some will start early and putting a lot of effort into trying to keep my coop very low-stress.  If there is anything else I could do to get them to start laying, I don't know what it is.

Congrats on your early eggs--I'll make an official announcement when i have one.

That's a lovely flock you've got nick. Try sunflower seeds I feed my girls them and they go crazy and I think that's what helped my RIR lay sooner lol. Or atleast I like to think that. Can't wait to see your announcement!!! I've gotten ten eggs so far so I'm a happy chicken mom lol

Ladies!!!! No eggs yet but one of my girls has been laying alone in the coop all day today. Its hot so I've had the door propped open and I was shocked to see her in there because all the other girls were hanging out in the barn! Do you think she's getting ready to lay an egg?!?!

Ladies!!!! No eggs yet but one of my girls has been laying alone in the coop all day today. Its hot so I've had the door propped open and I was shocked to see her in there because all the other girls were hanging out in the barn! Do you think she's getting ready to lay an egg?!?!

Matteonl!!!! Lol that's a good sign she might be getting ready

Back
Top Bottom