Who else is waiting for that first egg?

So our mixed flock is 19wks now. We have 1 chicken & 1 duck that have been laying consistently since 7/4 and a Peking started laying consistently in the past few days. But 3 days ago I think one of our EE laid, not sure which one. But hasn't laid since. Is it normal to lay one then nothing for a few days? Heres a pic of the egg

I am anxiously awaiting eggs as well. My girls will be 4 months old this Thursday. Just this past weekend I thought I was going to have an egg for sure. So much commotion in the coop... and still no egg... so I'm convinced it will be any day. I have two leghorns and two barred cochin bantams. I did end up with one Rooster who is a Leghorn as well. Two weeks ago I rescued an EE and a production red at 3 days old.. so they are taking it all in. hahaaa I do have them in the same coop, but in their own little space. Chickens are so much fun... I'm very excited to also try and incubate a few eggs when given the chance. Waiting for those eggs is so exciting. :)

Got it !! First little egg from my 20 week old Easter Egger, Coco Bean. She has been squatting for a few days and been very vocal. The last 2 days she has been hanging around the front porch, I knew that was where she was going to lay it. Waiting on the next EE , Arrow to lay. She is not as vocal ,but been squatting. Today she has been checking and digging around the nesting boxes. I keep checking but none from her yet. None of the other chickens are showing any signs.
Coco's little greenish egg next to a store bought egg.

Got it !! First little egg from my 20 week old Easter Egger, Coco Bean. She has been squatting for a few days and been very vocal. The last 2 days she has been hanging around the front porch, I knew that was where she was going to lay it. Waiting on the next EE , Arrow to lay. She is not as vocal ,but been squatting. Today she has been checking and digging around the nesting boxes. I keep checking but none from her yet. None of the other chickens are showing any signs.
Coco's little greenish egg next to a store bought egg.

18 weeks! We are on the edge of our seats. Can't wait for our little Puddleduck (Our Golden Comet) to lay!

We have two leghorns that are laying already, one started at 16 weeks and the other at 17 weeks. Our buff orpington and easter egger that are now 18 weeks have not laid any eggs yet. I think they are getting close. Their combs have reddened up, and they are starting to squat when we reach down for them as they pass by our chair. Both our leghorns did that a week before they started laying, so, fingers crossed.

We've got 2 of our 4 buff ladies laying now along with our 2 reds. We have one other buff with a really red comb and wattle, but so far, nothing. Our last buff has no red on her at all and she's the same age as the others. It seems like she'll never get there!! Right now our buffs are just a touch over 5 months old.

Back
Top Bottom