Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Mine will be 17 weeks tomorrow and I'm still waiting for my first eggs. Some of them started squatting today! I'm so excited! I'm so envious of everyone's first eggs!

Several of mine have been squaring since early this week. They are also very noisy. I'm really hoping to find one sooner than I was initially thinking. My ISA's turn 15 weeks Saturday.

Last edited:
I'm desperately waiting for my first egg. I have 8 pullets hatched 2/17. These are the two I'm sure the first egg will come from since they are the only ones with developed combs

They both developed their combs at around 17-18weeks. Hopefully that egg comes soon! Both of those pullets and a few others were practicing their egg song about a month ago but recently stopped.

Last edited:
I'm desperately waiting for my first egg. I have 8 pullets hatched 2/17. These are the two I'm sure the first egg will come from since they are the only ones with developed combs

They both developed their combs at around 17-18weeks. Hopefully that egg comes soon! Both of those pullets and a few others were practicing their egg song about a month ago but recently stopped.

What breed are the ones in the bottom pic? I'm new to chickens, they are beautiful!

I have 21 hens. All are either 19/weeks or 17 weeks. My youngest ones are RIRs. I'm anxiously awaiting the first egg any day! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!!! After loosing 4 of my hens about a week ago, I'm ready for some eggs! I've had them all since they were day old chicks, including my 3 roosters!

Quote:
Thank you. She is quite full of herself too.

Yesterday I got an egg from my OLD hen that has not laid in 2 years. She is in another coop than this one and is the only one that lays a seafoam green egg. Today I went to check on the waters since it is HOT out. She had laid another egg but sadly the Delaware (Egg Eater) had demolished most of it. I found a small piece of the shell. I really need to just process that old Delaware and be done with her wicked ways.

There has not been a second egg in the young ones coop yet. Still hoping it was blue.

2 ee
1 copper maran
All about 15 weeks

I have 15 total, remainder are laying age, but only getting a few eggs a day; 5 max.
Maybe it's just too hot.

Back
Top Bottom