Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Still waiting, our girls are 22 weeks today! I put some fake eggs in there to see if that would encourage them. When I came home from work one was moved and I thought it was a real egg and was jumping up and down until I picked it up
1f62d.png
1f61d.png
my husband just laughed. So to say I'm anxiously waiting is an understatement lol

Update: I just got home from running errands and checked on the girls to find 1 blue/green egg by an Easter egger. It was like Christmas finding that!! Now for the other girls to catch up
1f61d.png

Last edited:
Quote: My hens turned 18 weeks....I put two golf balls in the nesting boxes to give them the hint...the next morning I found a golf scorecard...they cheated on two Mulligans....no way they scored 82 on 18 holes. Dirty sneaks....

The only true rooster like sound is crowing. She's probably practicing her 'egg song.' It's a very loud bock, bock, bock, BAGAWK.

Yes very loud. And our rooster who is full grown and pinned separately until the girls are big enough to deal with his roughness went absolutely crazy after she did it. Flapping his wings and crowing. It was interesting

So I have a question... How long after they start singing (approximately) do the eggs come?
I keep looking under trucks and trailers where they spend most of their day, I haven't noticed any interest in the nestting boxes.how do I make sure they use the boxes?
Thanks for the input.

So I have a question... How long after they start singing (approximately) do the eggs come?
I keep looking under trucks and trailers where they spend most of their day, I haven't noticed any interest in the nestting boxes.how do I make sure they use the boxes?
Thanks for the input.
I have the same question. Mine started practicing egg songs at 18 weeks and now at 21 weeks they stopped singing and still no eggs :/

Thanks for the input.
I have the same question. Mine started practicing egg songs at 18 weeks and now at 21 weeks they stopped singing and still no eggs :/

Have you both ever seen a egg? I bet they are handing them some where.. You would be surprised where they will go to hide the prize from you. I found this after noticing our girl, " Blondie" had bright red comb..

Finally one day we had a duck egg at the bottom, then 2 friend's gave us egg's.. The chocolate spekeled ones are jumbo quail.. From another BYC member. The white ones that have a blue & pink hue are from a friend that rescues wild bird's for re- release.. They are wild dove egg's, which we cooked up for our dog's.. .. Then our flock's egg's are at the top.. BTW, our duck's egg's are way better than our chicken egg's!! plus they don't get so many different ailments like chicken's..

:frow

I feel like I have been waiting forever! Went out this morning and one of my White Leg Horns layed her first egg!!! Then went out a few hours later and found TWO more new warm eggs from my other White Leghorn and my one Rhode Island Red! No eggs for weeks and then 3 layers in one day!!!! I'm so EGG-CITED!!!

Back
Top Bottom