Who else is waiting for that first egg?

And this is the one that, for 2 months more, I kept going back and forth as to whether a pullet or not. It got sick last week and the comb got pale and droopy. It is back to it's old self now. But comb never went back up!

I did notice that one of your Leghorns has some black flecks. She's not pure Leghorn. She's likely a California White, which is a Leghorn crossed with a Production Black. She will out perform your pure Leghorns in terms of production.

I did notice that one of your Leghorns has some black flecks. She's not pure Leghorn. She's likely a California White, which is a Leghorn crossed with a Production Black. She will out perform your pure Leghorns in terms of production.
Yeah, someone pointed that out . We got them from the same place at the same time. But this one had that one single black feather on it's back (they were about a week old). It just VERY recently started getting a little more black. I was sure she was a rooster. Then sure she was just the dominant pullet in the pecking order. Then sure she was a rooster. So you think that one is a pullet? S/he was always a bit bigger than her two sisters . And also very dominant. Then I noticed, though, never once fought with the rescued rooster. My kids names her Lucy Spots because of that black feather. But then I wondered if Lucy was really a Lewis? Lol.

We have four 17/18 week old RSLs. We got our first egg yesterday and another today from Doris. The other three are starting to squat and looking more ready. It's so exciting!

Yeah, someone pointed that out . We got them from the same place at the same time. But this one had that one single black feather on it's back (they were about a week old). It just VERY recently started getting a little more black. I was sure she was a rooster. Then sure she was just the dominant pullet in the pecking order. Then sure she was a rooster. So you think that one is a pullet? S/he was always a bit bigger than her two sisters . And also very dominant. Then I noticed, though, never once fought with the rescued rooster. My kids names her Lucy Spots because of that black feather. But then I wondered if Lucy was really a Lewis? Lol.
Her back feathers are all rounded. She is a Lucy.

Back
Top Bottom