Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Well it looks like I have picked the breed that lays much later than all of yours... My 14 australorps are going on 20 weeks old and nobody is even interested in the nesting boxes...
1f615.png

Well it looks like I have picked the breed that lays much later than all of yours... My 14 australorps are going on 20 weeks old and nobody is even interested in the nesting boxes...
1f615.png
It'll happen. None of mine started laying before 22+weeks. I have an Australorp 22 weeks, bright red comb and wattles, byt not puffy waxy yet. Not squatting, no interest in the boxes. Impatiently waiting for this batch of 4 to start laying!

Been laying for about 7 months! Getting more chicks soon and of course they have not laid yet!!! XD. I think the Easter Eggers will be first.

I got 2 eggs today!! 1 from my girl Grorgia who has been laying daily for the past 4 months( I think there may have been 3 days in this time she took a day off). The other egg, much smaller and darker and sure which of the two girls laid it! But still super excited. I know either way the other is days away from from laying!!

It'll happen. None of mine started laying before 22+weeks. I have an Australorp 22 weeks, bright red comb and wattles, byt not puffy waxy yet. Not squatting, no interest in the boxes. Impatiently waiting for this batch of 4 to start laying!

Well,darn... I guess I still have a few weeks to wait. I even have a couple out of the 14 that don't even have red heads, I guess they'll be the last to lay...
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom