Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Thanks so much Chickendreams24. It has been very hot (mostly humid) and I have been afraid to lock them in since the sun coming into the windows make it a sauna. It is supposed to rain the next day or two so maybe it will be cool enough. Or maybe I can move the coop to a shadier spot so I can resolve this issue before it becomes a problem. Oh btw I have 4 nesting boxes and dummy eggs in only two of them. I just left the other 2 empty.

I know but it's such a great docile hearty breed. They will lay big brown eggs for you soon! If it is any comfort, the longer they wait to start, the longer they will lay for you! Not that it is making me anymore impatient...

I know I've been so patient up to now, I just really thought they would be laying by the 20th week....I had a talk with them today...lol I ordered them the great big bag of freeze dried meal worms.... they really like the oat grouts and oatmeal better... they eat the worms last...oh well I really think they are the very best for me, I just want to hold them and they don't like me to...
1f623.png

Eeeeeerrrrrmeerrrrrgerrrrrd! They all are laying down and being still at different times through the day now (not like them)! WHERE ARE MY EGGS LADIES?????????? I am going nuts. Just nuts! Everyone has quelled my nerves that I not only have 4.....but likely 5 hens. We are pushing 23/24 weeks. Aaaaaaccccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!! Just one egg! That's all I want!
1f624.png
1f414.png
1f633.png
1f414.png
1f61e.png
1f414.png
1f615.png
1f414.png

I'm thinking way ahead, what breed should I be looking at for the next time around?? Does anybody have any ideas? We live in south central Montana, so I need a breed that is winter hardy....
I have a question, when you get breeds for meat, at what age do you cull them? My Australorps don't really feel like they have much meat on them, right now at 20 weeks....

Eeeeeerrrrrmeerrrrrgerrrrrd! They all are laying down and being still at different times through the day now (not like them)! WHERE ARE MY EGGS LADIES?????????? I am going nuts. Just nuts! Everyone has quelled my nerves that I not only have 4.....but likely 5 hens. We are pushing 23/24 weeks. Aaaaaaccccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!! Just one egg! That's all I want!
1f624.png
1f414.png
1f633.png
1f414.png
1f61e.png
1f414.png
1f615.png
1f414.png

Boy oh boy, I feel your pain! lol What breed do you have? I have Australorps and I now learned that they are late layers...I'm starting to think about what breed I would want after these.... I really love these girls though... Rae

So did I! My coop isn't incredibly big, but I have enough nesting boxes for each of them, they have plenty of room in the run, food, water, shade, fresh garden greens, etc! Everything!

So did I! My coop isn't incredibly big, but I have enough nesting boxes for each of them, they have plenty of room in the run, food, water, shade, fresh garden greens, etc! Everything!

they haven't been out where they could be hiding the eggs? I keep going over where mine like to hide out and look for eggs but I have not found any eggs.....
1f622.png

Back
Top Bottom