Who else is waiting for that first egg?

OK I found a white egg along with the brown egg this morning. I will officially stop freaking out because it looks like now, one of my leghorns is laying. So one of my leghorns, and one of my Rhode Island Reds. The rest should follow suit soon I hope

Well egg laying keeps yo-yoing I know they're still young but I wish it would pick up or level out and I'm not sure who all is laying. We were getting a few decent sized eggs and now today two tiny ones hopefully that means a couple new layers. Most we've had in a day is four yesterday and today both we got two and none of the eggs look the same from yesterday and today except maybe one.

I know eggs here are anywhere from $2.79 to almost $4.00 a dozen. Do any of you sell your eggs. What do you charge? Once my ladies get going well, I plan on selling them by the half dozen at my work (I already have a laundry list of interested co-workers). What would you sell a half dozen for? A dozen? I know they are also small eggs, but they seem to have a lot of "filling". One egg makes a good amount.....and they seem to have a nice, large healthy yellow yolk! ( proud of that! I hear so many people saying their yolks seem palest pretty

Our chicks are now 21 weeks and no sign of an egg
1f615.png

Back
Top Bottom