Who else is waiting for that first egg?

My two barred rocks, one buff orpington, one EE, and one gold sexlink are 20 weeks old as of yesterday. I am on pins and needles! Can anyone tell me if it's normal that none of them have apparently even gone into the nest boxes to check them out yet? They freerange in our back yard all day, and I'm betting they might lay the first egg or two in the bushes somewhere!Is this a recent photo? These chickens are at least a month from laying. They need larger and redder combs first.

Good eye, redsix! This photo is about a month old. One of the barreds has a full red comb and wattle; the others are not as far along.

It was yummy :)

Today may be the day. I have 1 of my 20 1/2 week old pullets sitting on the nest box with her beak slightly parted. In a soft pant kind of way. She been in there for about 30 minutes so far. I'm excited.

Got 8 eggs yesterday from my lf girls between 23 and 20 weeks I also have 18 week old silkies singing but I'm not sure yet how many are actually girls.
Still only one EE that I know of laying and I'm dieing to see what color the others will lay I have three more. Still not sure who all is laying but I'm happy with the number I got yesterday wonder how many I'll get today. Right now I can. Hear my silkies crowing and singing and my main flock crowing and singing like crazy

I had gotten 3 eggs in a nesting box a few days ago. The there was nothing. Well I saw my hen go into some weeds next to my barn. When she came out I went to investigate. I am guessing the nesting box isn't good enough for her. I know one is good. But what about the other 2. They have been outside for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom