Who else is waiting for that first egg?

It happened! One of my Rhode Island reds was acting funny this morning when I let her out of the run so I put her back in and when I came back out the perfect little egg was sitting in a nesting box in the coop. So excited!

I think I just got my second first egg. 22 hours after my first egg and slight difference in color and shape.

Yesterday's egg is on the left. Today's egg is on the right. What do you think? 22 hours apart.

I think I just got my second first egg. 22 hours after my first egg and slight difference in color and shape.
Yesterday's egg is on the left. Today's egg is on the right. What do you think? 22 hours apart.

Nice! We are up to 11 eggs now from what appears to be two different chickens. Same as yours, one set of our eggs is much darker than the other.

It's possible. What breeds do you have? I can tell the difference between my 4 layers right now, one lays a brown speckle, another lays a deeper brown with occasional speckle, another lays a creamy brown color, and the other lays white. It helps that I've been able to observe who's in the nesting bin too though.

Back
Top Bottom