Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Are their combs red?  Do you have any windows in your chicken coop so they get as many hours of light as possible during the day?  Are you feeding them a high protein layer feed, a calcium source such as crushed oyster shells, grit, and of course plenty of water?  Could they be eating the eggs?  Put some plastic or wooden nest eggs in there and see if they try to eat them.

I have tried all of that. They are out in there run all day and none are eating

My girls started laying again! I've been getting 0-3 eggs and then this week went up to 4, 5, 6, and then 7 eggs in one day when one of my Buckeye pullets laid her very first!

What my cartons are looking like: having so many different colors is LOTS of fun! Most of the girls have a 60-83% lay rate so far this year!

I'm impatiently awaiting my first egg, seems like it's taking forever, I have a sizzle who is 24 weeks old that has been squatting and laying for hours in the nest box for a month now and no egg is this normal for the first time? Her comb is bright red most of the time but pale sometimes. Can anybody help?

I was like you last summer... finally in early fall I got my first egg. Be patient my chicken friend. Once it starts it's like Easter every day!

Back
Top Bottom