Who is Hatching for Father's day? 2018

I have 40 eggs in incubator on day 20 and one has a pip. I was thinking it was day 19. But I forgot day 19 was when I put them in lock down. Having trouble getting the humidity up it is running 56. Hope all goes well. They are barn yard run of lots of neat chickens.

Having trouble getting the humidity up it is running 56.
I'm having the same issue with my three lonely Nankin eggs. I just put a plastic jar lid with a folded, wet paper towel in it. It's climbing, slowly. If that doesn't work, I'll go out and buy another natural sponge this afternoon. My "avatar" ate the one that was in there!

My "avatar" ate the one that was in there!
LOL I have a tupper in there with a sponge with water in it but it is still not getting very high. Also, the temp has been right one until I locked down and then then down. I think it might be because of cooler weather outside but we live in an underground house and the temp usually stays pretty consistent. It is up now since I upped the thermostat .1 degree. My pip is not moving. Found it the second time I looked in this morning. so it hasn't been too long but I am anxious of course. LOL

This is the one chick that hatched out.
xhix.PNG

I went to a town 1 hr from my house to buy 4 chicks. To keep the one company.
the chick below is an "icelandic" I didn't go all the way there to buy this chick, but the man said it's mom was killed by a raccoon the night before, and he offered the chick at 1/2 price so how could I resist?
chisxl.PNG

this one is an EE. it just drank water so it's chin is wet.
chighj.PNG

Crested SFH I asked for a B&w one.
xhsjd.PNG

and a LO
xkxls.PNG

Last edited:
This is what I woke up to today. I went to bed with two babies. I have taken them out and the shells out. The shells were attached to some of the other eggs that are pipping. Still have one hatching in the inc. Lots of pips. The babies are hard to see the colors but first one was goldish one silver two black and white and one black with black legs. and another White. I think. Still not too dry so can't tell for sure.
fathersday.jpg
fathersday2.jpg
fathersday3.jpg
fathersday4.jpg
fathersday6.jpg
fathersday5.jpg

This is the one chick that hatched out.View attachment 1433332

the chick below is an "icelandic" I didn't go all the way there to buy this chick, but the man said it's mom was killed by a raccoon the night before, and he offered the chick at 1/2 price so how could I resist?View attachment 1433333

View attachment 1433336

Crested SFH I asked for a B&w one.View attachment 1433337

and a LO
View attachment 1433338
This is the one chick that hatched out.View attachment 1433332

the chick below is an "icelandic" I didn't go all the way there to buy this chick, but the man said it's mom was killed by a raccoon the night before, and he offered the chick at 1/2 price so how could I resist?View attachment 1433333

View attachment 1433336

Crested SFH I asked for a B&w one.View attachment 1433337

and a LO
View attachment 1433338

Back
Top Bottom