Who is pipping and waiting right now??

I just took 15 babies out of the bater. It was getting crowded. Today is day 21. There are 16 unhatched eggs and 2 are pipped. I was very quick at removing them and added water. Hopefully they will be fine.

Just added 16 silkies, 12 millie fleur d'uccles, 6 silver laced polish, 6 barred rocks, and 5 golden sebrights to the 24 pheasant eggs that are on day 8 in my bator. We'll see if this hatch goes better.

I have a sebbie in the air cell.......
jumpy.gif

Our brown-red MGB hatched 1 egg so far. She has another one that will probably hatch tomorrow.

My son stuck a couple of other eggs under her, so they should hatch in a couple days, too.

2 more chicks out and at least 2 pipping. Alas,one baby was found dead this morning with it's head in the waterer. That's the first time that has happened to me. I believe my speckled sussex roo was sweet on my white leghorns. Two chicks hatched from a white egg and are marked like ss chicks.

Both my sebies hatched. One died shortly after.
sad.png

No more pips for me until next week when the buff and grey giant dewlap toulouse are due.

Quote:
Don't you love the surprises from these tom cattin' roosters? lol

2 pips out of 4 eggs. The suspence is terrible!!! I can't stay away from the bator.
gig.gif

Sorry about the baby MissP

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom