who is right DH or mom??

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
The last few days I have been feeling really out of it --I have been doing alot around the house like painting every room, doing the normal housework,taking care of all the animals,collecting eggs, when weather is nice doing some yard work - all pretty much by myself.

DH says the reason I feel out of it is that I am trying to do to much at once and I am running myself down
Mom thinks it is the start of the flu

I have been feeling achy all over my body, headache that will not go away, I have not been throwing up or any other "flu"signs I just feel out of it, all day yesterday I was sleeping off and on with very little energy to do much anything else.

So who is right? am I coming down with the flu or some kind of nasty cold - or should I stop trying to be wonder women and get everything done at once?

Julie

does it make a difference who is right? No matter whether it's plain ol' tiredness or getting sick, what you need to do is take it easy on yourself til you feel somewhat better. Otherwise, if it's just tiredness you will GET sick, and if it's the start of an illness you'll just make yourself worse.

Siddown, quit painting and running all over for a day, and read more BYC with a nice cup of whatever
smile.png

You knew that, didn't you
smile.png

Best wishes,

Pat

It's both! You are wearing yourself thin, and that is making your tired. Exhaustion = stress which decreases immune system strength so you could be getting sick with bugs you can normally fend off! Sit and relax a bit. Cleaner fumes and paint also impact how well the mucus coating in your airways can work, thus also increasing susceptibility to sickness.

I like that solution pat

I think today I will stay in front of the computer reading BYC drinking some warm coffee
caf.gif
and forget the rest of the painting till tomorrow and hopfully this is just a case of doing to much with very little rest
fl.gif

Julie

I am currently resting after getting over the flu! It sounds like the flu to me- the headache with this one is especially bad. I am on week 2 and can barely walk down to the barn and out to the chickies to feed everyone. I am exhausted just going down and up the hill.

Pat said it all! I'm a firm believer in doing what your body tells you it needs. There are very few things that HAVE to be done every day. If you are exhausted, then take a couple "do-nothing" days, and DON'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT!
wee.gif

ok I am starting to believe mom is right
I just went to gather a few eggs and when that cold air hit my lungs OMG I thought I was going to die - was having a hard time taking a deep breath and now I am starting to cough my dang fool head off - so I will be taking a few do nothing days and try to get over this.
thank god it is going to warm up next few days so maybe that will help

Julie

Back
Top Bottom