Who says Chickens Won't Share Nestboxes? Pictures Included!!

Quote:
Probably something Fowl!!!
lau.gif

You guys crack me up!

When I got my chicks, I had DH build me one nest box for EACH of them. SHEESH! Six hens, six nest boxes...and they all use the SAME ONE.
barnie.gif

When I was growing up we had a couple of EE sisters who would go broody together and share the same nest, then share the chicks as well. It was so cute!

I've got six hens laying now and 6 next boxes and they all use one. Just today, I was in the coop and saw that one of my girls must have gotten tired of waiting her turn and sat down on top of the one already on the nest! I mean butt-on-head on top of, not next to each other like in that pick.

Silly girls.

What???! This is so unfair! My girls each have to have their own area (luckily there are only 3 girls). Only one uses a nestbox I put up. One lays in a horse feeder next to my box, and the other decided to lay on the ground (this is after her nest on the hay got fed to the horses and she spurn my replacement nest). But at least they lay in the same spot everyday and I know who is laying what. They all spruned the "special" nest box I made. Now I know why guys say "women!"

Back
Top Bottom