whole corn?

chickenpets786

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2015
So i went to shops to find whole corn and could not find it.The corn used to make popcorn, is it whole corn.
thankyou .

Popcorn is genetically different than other whole corn like that used for feed.
Are you wanting to buy popcorn or feed corn?
I think all grocers in the US carry popcorn in bags. That is what I use for popcorn.

I need whole corn but i think that whole and the corn used to make popcorn are the same not sure and where can i get whole corn from or if they are the same thing.

Last edited:
They aren't the same. Whole corn can be purchased at any feed store, TSC, Orscheln's, Farm& Home type store.
Whole corn isn't as plump and smooth as popcorn. I don't think you want to feed popcorn.
Is this for feeding your chickens? If so, I usually use cracked corn (made from cracking whole corn) or no corn at all.
Corn is good for energy but IMO, wheat, oats, barley and sunflower seed are more nutritious than corn.

I heard cracked corn is no good and whole corn has good things in it and i need whole corn for my hens and i will try those websites thankyou.

Fresh cracked corn is exactly the same as whole corn except easier for the gizzard to grind.
When any seed is cracked it tends to lose nutrients but that doesn't happen overnight. It takes weeks or longer to do so.
Whole corn doesn't have any good things in it that fresh cracked corn doesn't have. In fact, corn doesn't provide much nutrition at all. It is already the primary ingredient in most chicken feed (good source of energy) so adding more doesn't do much except lower the overall protein in the diet.

In reality, your chickens don't need anything other than chicken feed. It is formulated to be nutritionally complete with everything a chicken is known to need.

Last edited:
ok thankyou
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom