Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

Came home for lunch and this is what I saw:

24472_img_7533.jpg

Woo hoo!
celebrate.gif

I have 6 duck eggs that are due to hatch Saturday. All 6 are already pipped!!! Is this normal??? If they all hatch I will have my first 100% hatch in a still air LG incubator!!!!!
wee.gif

Hi all and congrats on your pips, zips, and babies!!! Mine are finally here and I got 5 out of 11 eggs which is disappointing but it's my fault. I hatched with chickens and my humidity was nowhere near high enough. Had a great hatch rate on the chickens though - 32 out of 34. Out of 12 ducks eggs (shipped eggs) 1 wasn't fertile and only 5 pipped. Of the 5, we had to help two that were stuck in the membrane. Fortunately all 5 are doing just fine! Here's my babies!

First two last night:

DSC03896.jpg

All of them today:

DSC03902.jpg

DSC03903.jpg

DSC03904.jpg

I'm not an advocate of helping chicks hatch, but we had no choice with these. The two we helped pipped Sunday and by last night we decided enough was enough.
love.gif

Ok guys - here are the final results of my hatch:

100% hatched!
woot.gif
These were all my tester eggs and in fact - the goose eggs were three of the first four eggs ever laid on my farm by my geese!

3 buff geese
2 white runners
2 white black mixed runners!

My first buff goose is outside with my Holderread's goslings in the barn because they were buddies and those Holderread geese are MONSTERS compared to mine!

I have 8 more geese to hatch I think - all are lavender/blues excpet one is my embden tester and one is a pilgrim.

I also have like a dozen saxony ducks (the mistakes in the mail), 6 calls and like 6 blue/black runners(my own), and like a dozen white runners from Golden Egg Farm. I think they are all due starting next week. After that I am done! Those calls can hatch their own in June when it (finally) gets warm. I am hoping to add about 6-8 nice white calls to the flock. I really love them, my calls are very pretty.

first_hatch2.gif

first_hatch1.gif

Here is the first goose standing among the amazons - they are ONLY 4 DAYS APART in age!

goslings.gif

Last edited:
DuckyBoys Congratulations on your new arrivals!
celebrate.gif

How is everyone else's hatch coming along?

My 3 are learning to eat and drink the other 2 eggs have not pipped.
I will candle them today and see if they are still alive.

I managed to kill most of the first set and all of the second. I have 1 baby out of about 20 eggs (at least). I had to go to the feed store and buy a buddy for her.
hmm.png
Hope I have better luck, my hovabator is full of my ducks and scovies!!
hide.gif

I'm so sorry
hugs.gif

Keep your spirits up and good hatching vibes comeing your way for your next hatch.

Can you show us a pic of your baby i would love to see him/her
smile.png

Looks like most everyone finished before I found the thread! Darned it!!!
Brandi (Evermore) I am so happy your calls hatched!!! I have to contact you about sending boxes, etc. for the duckies.....

I have a terrible obsessive illness......
My Humidaire incubator has 20 runner duck eggs that will be moved tonight to an older Hovabator for hatching, as today is day 25. My second tray has a combination of goose eggs (Sebastopol and Dewlap) with more runners. The geese have more than 2 weeks yet to go, but the second batch of runners have just about one week left. T
The hatching tray is filled with MORE runner eggs and we have to turn them by hand. They have on been in about a week.

THEN, I have a Brower Top Hatch and it has Buff Orphington eggs.

I have a Genesis that has the eggs I have gotten here....buff goose, lavender ice goose and will be adding sebbie and dewlap eggs.

I have FOUR, count 'em, FOUR incubators. It's a SICKNESS, people! I now want to build one of those kitchen cabinet incubators and buy a Dickeys AND find another Humidaire.......the guys will be coming with the white coats to take me away soon!!

Oh, I want turkeys, too!!!
......and peafowl......
.....and cochins.......

Need.....more....incubators...!!!!

Back
Top Bottom