Who's Witnessed a Tornado?

Many living in Ok One right out my back door when my kids were little. We spent the afternoon in a bathtub with a mattress over us!. Not fun

it was about 8 years ago knocked trees down in my yard one big tree bounced off my old chicken coop.
i was inside so i didnt see it persay and the kids slept right through it.

I lived through two earthquakes(minor), thunder-rain-snowstorms. Back in 04 we got hit by three hurricanes in a row . It was so bad after Charlie, our apartment complex got wiped out . During charlie we were hunkered down in the bath tub as he kept tearing of the roof and siding . In the end we had a outside window, which wasnt there before and our upstairs neighbor had a skylight.
Our truck was buried by a oak tree. What seems to be a small twisterleveled the clubhouse a few feet away. Hurricanes are only fun when the wind is less than 70miles, 135 wasnt funny anymore.

Hey, CHICKENLADY,
I'm a SKYWARN member too!

Here in San Diego we don't get much but sometimes we get floods, and waterspouts and Fire.

Since I've been doing it I've reported two waterspouts off LaJolla coast and Hail at my house.

I'm a pilot too so watching the winds and weather every day is second nature.

I've seen several tornados in Alabama when I was young and stupid. Nothing, NOTHING, gives the adrenaline rush of being close the that much raw power. It took years to get storm chasing out of my system. (still not really out) I'm getting all worked up just thingking about it.

Last edited:
I once saw a "funnel cloud" which is like a tornado except it never touched down.

We hardly ever get them here, so the local paper ran about 9 solid pages of pictures and analysis about this one cloud
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom