Why aren’t my eggs hatching?!

Jan 2, 2022
Texarkana Arkansas
Hi everyone!! I was hatching 5 chicken eggs, some silkie and satin eggs. Everything was going well, until the hatching day. It was day 21 and none of the hatched. Then it was day 22 and they didn’t hatch. Then it was day 23 and they still didn’t hatch. And now it’s day 24 and they are still not hatching. Are they dying? Or do they take a little longer than 21 days? We candles them and they where all moving but not hatching. We are starting to get worried. I hope some one can help us. Thanks you)

What has the temperature and humidity been in the incubator? If temperature is a degree or 2 low they can develop much slower and hatch later. Candle them by shining a light in the fat end of the egg. They should look like day 19 on this chart. If not then they are most likely dead.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-03-28-13-05-24.png
    Screenshots_2022-03-28-13-05-24.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 99
Hi everyone! Here is an update on the process... Yesterday one out of five chicks hatched yesterday, and now another egg is starting to hatch today. This is great 👍🏻, but there is one problem. Is the new born chick supposed to be sleeping a lot? The chick was born at 12:00 last night and has bein up for the rest of the night. Could it be tired? Thanks!!

Hi everyone! Here is an update on the process... Yesterday one out of five chicks hatched yesterday, and now another egg is starting to hatch today. This is great 👍🏻, but there is one problem. Is the new born chick supposed to be sleeping a lot? The chick was born at 12:00 last night and has bein up for the rest of the night. Could it be tired? Thanks!!
Hi 👋🏼 I’m also new to incubating chicks and I wanted to know what’s the update on the rest of the chicks. I started with 6 in, Two hatched one seems to be a dud I have three left in that I can see breathing but have not peeped.

Back
Top Bottom