Why aren't my chickens laying?

When we got ours they were laying. The move stress put them back about a week to start again and 2 weeks to be laying normaly.
smile.png

yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
Got my first egg today!!! Actually there were 2 but one was busted in the nest box....Hopefully there are many more to come...
clap.gif

Last edited:
Hi i live in melton Vic australia and I'm in the same boat I have 16 layers Up to 3 weeks ago I was getting 6-10 eggs daily but then the weather turned and the number of eggs dropped to just 6, then 5, yesterday only 2!!!!! Am i peeved . Its costing us a small fortune to feed them.

Just found this thread from way back and thought I'd bring it back to life. You guys are so full of information that I'm hoping that you'll be able to help me. I had 15 older chickens (maybe 3 years old) and added 18 new hens (all were hatched in Feb/'March this year). the new hens have been out in the pen with the older hens for a few months now and it seems that just about all of them have stopped laying! I thought for sure that after a few months, any shock of putting them together would be over, but seriously, out of 33 hens, I'm getting 2 eggs a day. What in the world is going on!?

Im having the same problem with a trio of cornish bantam hens I got last sunday. There are 2 redlaced and one black hen and a red laced roo . All about a year old. the hens had huge clutches of chicks which we took away and put in the brooder but not one of the hens has laid an egg yet and its been 6 days now. Never had a hen go that long before.

I'm a new egg, too so I have no advice but I have heard that chickens are very finicky about change of any kind and they will stop laying. I'm still waiting on my 2 silkies that are 8 months old to lay their first eggs. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom