Why Aren't My Turkeys Hatching?! PLEASE HELPFD!!!

TesoroSena

Crowing
Jan 5, 2023
Tennessee
So, i have attempted to hatch 2 clutches of turkeys, and both were doing fine, until hatching day. The first clutch 2 should've hatched, but we had to help one, and the other drowned because of hatching prematurely. The turkey pipped 2 days late though, and after a 48 hour period we decided to help it. He is doing just fine now, but our second clutch should've hatched 2 days ago, and not even a pip or peep. We candled them and saw movement, and both had popped their beaks through the air sac, but haven't pipped. This doesn't happen with our chickens. Is it a disease? The humidity is 55 until day 25 and then it is 75. Temperature is always at 95.5. PLEASE HELP! i don't know what to do! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The poult's are taking their time to hatch. Do not help them unless it's been 24 hrs after they have internally piped. Do not open the incubator during this time. Make sure humidity is at 65-70% and temp is at 99.5 F. A low incubator temperature causes them to develop slower, and a higher temp causes them to develop too quickly. You don't want that, you want them to hatch right on time. Your temperature is too low for the eggs, don't increase the temperature very suddenly, do it gradually. After every hour/half hour, add an extra degree.

Last edited:
I am just going to add, it was day 32, so we cracked them open and they were both dead. Looked like the time was around day 25

Have you used extra calibrated thermometers to make the temperature on the incubator is reading correctly? I'm not familiar with hatching turkey eggs. Do they require a higher humidity than chickens and ducks? If not you might want to try lower the humidity a bit.

Back
Top Bottom