Why Can't You Put Quail and Chickens Together

Pics
Quote:
AT LEAST THE DOGS WONT MAKE 'EM SICK
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Just remember even wild bobs about 20% are all that make it a year......proper raised and released would be alot lower....and if just cage raised and released bet none would make it.

that survival rate is higher than i was imagining. and i can do whatever on my property i want, people around here release pheasents and quail for hunting, but they disappear after awhile.

Quote:
LMAO! Not quite. You must definitely CANNOT do whatever you would like on your own property.

If we look at game birds alone, there are varied laws around the nation that affect what you can and cannot legally do. You need to be aware of what they are in your state. If you decide not to follow them, be ready to take whatever grief (or prison sentences or fines) you get as a result. Some states have REALLY strict requirements about game birds, especially their release.

As for other aspects of life -- we have plenty of laws that restrict our day to day lives on our property. Many of them are positive. They are meant to protect other people and our natural world from actions we might take that would cause permanent harm to the land, water, or air, or bring other negative impacts on the people around us. This is part of the price of living in a society, instead of as loners out in a wilderness.

Quote:
I did specifically say in my posts that what I'm saying won't work for everyone, because it probably won't. I have raised my Buttons with chickens and they were fine, so whats wrong with saying that? I may still be a newbie but situation is the same. Whether I'm somone with years of experience or someone whos just started the fact is that I raised quail with chickens and they were fine. Thats just MY expirience and I'm know others have had different results.
Quote:
So what your saying is that just because I'm new to quail means that I can't share my experiences?

Quote:
I did specifically say in my posts that what I'm saying won't work for everyone, because it probably won't. I have raised my Buttons with chickens and they were fine, so whats wrong with saying that? I may still be a newbie but situation is the same. Whether I'm somone with years of experience or someone whos just started the fact is that I raised quail with chickens and they were fine. Thats just MY expirience and I'm know others have had different results.
Quote:
So what your saying is that just because I'm new to quail means that I can't share my experiences?

I'll chime in one more time! trying not to get shot here
hide.gif
All of this is just my opinion and I don't claim to know it all.. but I have seen first hand what can happen!

To give some understanding to so many with different opinions is like trying to make an outhouse smell like roses.. it just isn't going to happen! BUT I'll give it a try. What we have here is 3 kinds of people.

The first is the people that haven't raise quail very long.. they may get away with it a few time, or even a life time.. but the chances are there that sooner or later they will find dead birds in their pens, come on here asking for help, and end up loosing most if not all birds and have to start over!

The second type is people that have been VERY lucky, gotten away with it for years.. again a BIG chance that has been taken so far.. but hey, I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week! but all it takes is one mess up and your in the same shape as above!

and the last one I will list. Some of us has raised quail for more than just a few years, and either went through one of the above trial and errors. I lost 2 flocks of bobs before I learned to do things differently. We are the ones that will go to our graves being hard headed thinking it can't be any other way than raising them separate.. I would not wish going through the disposal of sick birds on my worse enemy, let alone a beginner that might get discouraged and miss out on the joys of owning these little funny clowns... or flying snapping turtles as I recently seen them called
tongue.png

I did leave out a few types of people here but I think my post may be too long for them to read.. or it wasn't sent via text message straight to their phone..
roll.png

Well I guess so far I'm the first one, I've only been at it for 4 months. Maybe one day it will come back to bite me in the butt, if that happens I promise I'll come here and post about it so everyone can tell me how right they were and how wrong I was.

Quote:
CHECK YOUR ARROGANCE FOR A FEW MINUTES MISS... YOUR MISSING MANY KEY POINTS HERE WHILE GETTING FIRED UP

#1 TRUE YOUR EXPERIENCE IS LACKING AND YES YOU DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES
#2 YES YOU'VE PULLED IT OFF SO FAR (AND I HOPE YOU DONT EVER HAVE A PROBLEM) BUT THERE ARE MANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR "EXPERIENCE AS RELATED TO THE POSTERS ORIGINAL ANSWER SHOPPING QUESTION, LETS LOOK AT SOME SHALL WE?

A. BUTTON QUAIL WHICH ARENT EVEN QUAIL... TOTALLY DIFFERENT FAMILY OF BIRDS... NOT QUAIL AT ALL ACTUALLY, NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT...
hmm.png

TO SAY THAT I CAN DO THIS WITH BUTTONS SO YOU CAN DO THAT WITH COTURNIX IS LIKE SAYING I CAN DO THIS WITH DOGS SO YOU CAN DO THAT WITH ELEPHANTS--- ITS COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES
hu.gif
THEY JUST DONT COMPARE

B. 4 MONTHS? REALLY? WITH 2 WHOLE SPECES? I KNOW THAT MAY SEEM LIKE AN ETERNITY TO A TEENAGER... BUT IN ALL HONESTY IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS YOU HAVENT BEEN AT THIS LONG ENOUGH TO DEVELOPE ANY REAL PROBLEMS... LET ALONE FIGURE THEM OUT OR TRY AND SOLVE THEM.

C. THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM IS THE SHARING OF INFORMATION... PREFERRABLY CORRECT INFORMATION. BY PURPOSEFULLY SHARING POOR ADVICE YOU MAY WELL COST OTHERS THEIR ENTIRE FLOCK.

OH NEVERMIND! THE OP'S NOT EVEN GOING TO READ THE STRING ANYWAYS.. I'LL JUST STOP HERE
duc.gif

Quote:
Wish this was true.................but no you can't........try shooting that quail or deer on your land out of the hunting season.....or in the case of turkey here release one ...........jail time

Back
Top Bottom