Why Can't You Put Quail and Chickens Together

Pics
Sure glad I live in Georgia!!!
tongue2.gif

I had had a breeding pair Quail for 2 years and a pair of japs for 2 years and guess what they lived together fine and the Quail never got NO disease . But of course a mink broke in to my coop and got the Quail. My point is that if me and Chickiebooboo can keep Quail and chickens together then so can you and this disease is likely very rare
wink.png
. O and they hatched out together too.

Last edited:
Quote:
IF IT WERE SO RARE YOU'D THINK WE'D NEVER SEE ANYTHING ABOUT IT ON THE BOARDS HERE INSTEAD OF IT ALWAYS SHOWING UP???

x2! I've decided to join in on this thread
wink.png

to all the people saying that they keep they're quail with chickens, ya your quail might be fine now, heck, for all we know they may never get coryza. But the people who advise against it usually do so because they too did what your doing right now, but eventually it backfired and they lost their whole or most of their flock.

DISCLAIMER: I TOO AM STILL NEW AT THIS AND I'M NOT TRYING TO SOUND RUDE
smile.png

i'll 2nd that and chime in, i've read ALOT about getting quail before i actually got them, everyone says not to keep them with chickens because of this disease. i'd stick with that....

I paid over 17 a piece for a trio of Dominick's, a few months back. It was at the auction. I usually don't buy (only sell) from there, but here Dominick's (true breed/rose comb) are hard to find. I should have known what was up because the cage was that ole plastic stuff where you cant see in it, he was selling his whole flock, and the seller left as soon as they went... anyhow. I had them caged by their self and the very next day i started to see symptoms. I gave them all antibiotics and electrolytes, but the rooster was too far gone. The hens pulled out of it and i soon culled them so as to not spread it to any of my other birds. Even tho they were pined separately i release most my breeds day by day to free range. all it would have taken was a yummy bug to take them near the infected pin. I also raise quail. I have never had a sick quail. The only issue i have ever had out of them was i had two roosters fight and now i have one jumbo brown that has no eyes.
barnie.gif
.. as far as putting them together i wouldn't just because of the aggressiveness of some of the roosters.. (chicken)

Back
Top Bottom