Why do my adult geese try to kill they're own gosling ?

dasrqkawjhfyu

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2022
Hi, so here's the story. I had a female and male geese, and they had 8 eggs. 7 of them has hatched, and the last one hasn't (probably because it's not a fertilised egg). and i thought all the goslings is fine, but when i saw the 7th gosling, i noticed that he can't walk properly. so we brought him inside the house to try to help him walk, and several weeks later he finally can walk properly. i was so happy and can't wait to return him to his family back. BUT when i return him, his parents (the male and female geese) try to knock him upside down, and bite him until he's bleeding. i brought him inside again and take care of him, and now his condition is pretty good.

why do the parents do that? and how do i fix this?

They have imprinted on their other goslings and now regard him as an intruder. You will have a better chance of integrating the gosling when it is mature.
👍 thanks for the reply. also, how many months for the gosling to be mature enough to be returned to its family back?

Last edited:
:hugs
Try not to feel too badly. Sadly these things happen.
thanks, but i still killed him. we have a cage with a door that you need to pull up and down to close and open it, at night i usually put him inside to protect him from predators. but that night, my hand slipped and the door slide down and crushed down to the gosling. and at that exact moment, i know he's gone.

Back
Top Bottom