Why do some new members do this??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nupine

Songster
12 Years
Nov 21, 2007
Ohio
I have just noticed this the last couple days. There have been some very new members that come on, post on someones thread, and act like they completly know what is happening. In case you are confused, here is just an example. A regular member may post about a chicken of their's being stolen, then a brand new member will come on and say that they know the people that stole the chicken, and say that they are such great people and start saying bad stuf about the original member who posted it. And how they now have to like PAY the people who stole the chicken and apoligise. It is so weird. Then, of course, they are banned. Why does this happen?? I am not being mean to new members because all of us were once new members, making our first post, even speckledhen.
Ashlyn

I don't know. I am seeing more and more scams going on all-around with this economy. Just awhile back some strangers showed up on our doorstep wanting to get a super cheap horse from us. I did not even have an advertisement out saying I had any for sale. We are now keeping an eye out as I have heard people doing this and then coming back later to steal them.

I've never seen it... but that's nutty
lol.png

Quote:
Slaughtermen? Sounds like it if they want a horse that cheap and they don't sound like they care if you can ride it or not.

Apart from that, is it possible that the newbies posting were in fact the ones who stole the chickens and were just posing as people who "knew" those who stole the chickens? Other than that, my bet is just that they're random trolls.

Last edited:
Nupine,

I lurk more than I post. I've been scratching my head about a lot of the posts. Like the one I think you are talking about, how would someone know that another person posted a story about a theft to the BYC forum? Why would they then take the time to signup to post a rebuttal and call the op a liar? I just don't get it.
hmm.png

I've also wondered why some people would post personal information and then have it removed (a google search will still bring up the post although not viewable, it is there and a court order would give a person access to it), or post financial problems that appear to be ongoing, but can still afford to buy and ship eggs. I know some may think but shipping eggs only cost this much...well that much could be applied toward something of more importance, like keeping a roof over your family's heads.

My husband and I have an agreeement, all of our bills are paid, groceries are bought, a certain amount is put away for a rainy day, and what is left is fun money....The money is mine to spend as I choose, whether it be for clothes, a day out, or chickens.

So I'm right there with ya, just don't get it.
Tracy

Last edited:
Over that past week or so, it appears there have been allot of woe is me, stressed out posts, need for money, free eggs or chickens. People need to realize if these people are having personal issues, Not dealing with everyday matters, cannot pay bills, phones turned off, cannot pay for eggs and shipping, they more than likely cannot feed the chickens. So why contribute to an already bad situation by adding to it.

Or, they are just flat out scamming you nice people.
Pulling tugging at your heart strings. Beware of those that cry poor me, but eggs or chickens or supplies will sure make me feel better.

I notice that at spring time a lot of this happens on the animal sites. We also have PETA problems on the farms around here every spring. About 2 years ago, maybe more, they turned all the mink from a mink farm out. They admitted it but nothing could be done about it. That family had raised mink from the time they became Citizens and they still are not coming out of the financal stress that stunt put them in. Those mink were killed on the road, starved to death, and were entering people's houses, just all kinds of crazy stuff. Who knows just a thought. Who really knows but I noticed it on here too.

Edited to say hey I am chilling with my peeps. Seeing as I went from zero to 65 chicks in the last 5 weeks that is too true LOL

Last edited:
People do funny things for reasons that I will never understand. I'd venture a guess that certain people have multiple accounts, some they normally post under, some they use to troll with. And banned people come back under new accounts, and those arguing with someone create new accounts to stay stuff and not be accountable. It is the internet, and you get all different kinds of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom