Why do they hate me?

Personally I would get rid of them and get some tamer ones. Put them on craigslist or uncle henerys if your in new england. No fuss. If you can't do that just give them a swift kick in the rear or get a fly swatter and give them a swat. They will never be nice so just forget it. Some roos are just mean and no amount of sweetness is going to fix it. Just like people some never change. I don't have a roo now. I did have two both were ugly. I am in the process of bringing one up. The first time the thing bites me I am going to spray it in the face with water. Then if that don't work I will eat it. I know a lot of you have them as pets. It's easy for me because I think of them as food only...except Matilda. I hope you can find what works for you. You really need to find something or someone to deal with them. It's awful to not be able to enjoy the others. Good Luck.

If all else fails try mace.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I agree. They may not have been a problem yet....sometimes you'll get lucky and just have a bunch of mellow roos. Cross your fingers and hope that's the case with your boys.

Mine all come running anytime they think food may be offered. Even though they have free-choice feed available at all times, let me appear at the back door, and I practically have to kick chickens out of the way to get out the door. Toss out a handful of anything they like and they act like they haven't eaten in weeks. And these are not chickens that like to be handled, either, except for one 'Lorp hen. They rest hate to be picked up. But they'll stand on my feet.

I have them crossed XX They all come running when they hear me but when I start shaking it on the ground they act like I am throwing the stuff at them and get bent out of shape, as soon as it is all on the ground they come back. They love crickets and yogurt though. not at all appealing to me but they love it.

Quote:
The rest of your post I understood, but I don't know what you mean here. Explain please?

the post I was answering told me to cross my fingers lol, I had no clue of what I meant either. I had to reread the other post .lol

Back
Top Bottom