Why does my EE have a partial crest

topdog24

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 8, 2014
Jena Louisiana,

What cross"s were made to result in this pullet having a partial crest, She lys a light olive egg, i was thinking maybe some cross Crested Cream Legbar, any thoughts on this?

Crested Cream Legbar makes sense. That would account for the blue egg gene needed to produce an EE. If the egg she lays is an olive egg, then the other parent would be a chocolate egg layer like a Maran, Welsummer, or Barnevelder. She's a beautiful bird.

Crested Cream Legbar makes sense. That would account for the blue egg gene needed to produce an EE. If the egg she lays is an olive egg, then the other parent would be a chocolate egg layer like a Maran, Welsummer, or Barnevelder. She's a beautiful bird.
x2

Agreed.

Thank you, I plan to breed her with my FBCM Roo, i think the offspring would be beautiful and lay a dark Olive egg

Thank you, I plan to breed her with my FBCM Roo, i think the offspring would be beautiful and lay a dark Olive egg

You're welcome. If you breed her with your Marans roo, the color of offsprings' eggs will depend on whether they recieve her blue egg gene or her brown egg gene. If they receive her blue egg gene, then you will get more Olive Eggers. If they receive her brown egg gene, you will get chocolate egg layers.

You're welcome. If you breed her with your Marans roo, the color of offsprings' eggs will depend on whether they recieve her blue egg gene or her brown egg gene. If they receive her blue egg gene, then you will get more Olive Eggers. If they receive her brown egg gene, you will get chocolate egg layers.
Thanks, either way, it is a win/win as i have a Crested Cream Legbar Roo that i could breed the choclates to and have dark olive layer, correct?

Back
Top Bottom