Why has my 4 month old Rooster not crowed yet

Chick Chalet

In the Brooder
Feb 2, 2022
My 4 month old rooster has not crowed yet, still waiting to hear his voice. He is healthy, his tail feathers have arched now and his comb is grown in pretty good, pretty much full size body. I had 6 adult laying hens and in July raised 4 pullets and a rooster. They are all together now. The pullets and rooster get chased by the adult hens so they have learned to stay in the hen house or up on the roosts in the coop. When free ranging they stay in their separate groups. The newest ones hesitate going back in the coop if the adult hens are in there first.
No health issues, they manage in a sort of pecking order so no bloody mean stuff going on. They are all settled and quiet in the hen house at night.
But the rooster hasn’t crowed. He is a beautiful boy with that gorgeous deep green in his arched tail feathers and his saddle feathers and neck are a shimmering red. Can’t figure it out unless its a dominant adult hen just freaking him out to be quiet?

My 4 month old rooster has not crowed yet, still waiting to hear his voice. He is healthy, his tail feathers have arched now and his comb is grown in pretty good, pretty much full size body. I had 6 adult laying hens and in July raised 4 pullets and a rooster. They are all together now. The pullets and rooster get chased by the adult hens so they have learned to stay in the hen house or up on the roosts in the coop. When free ranging they stay in their separate groups. The newest ones hesitate going back in the coop if the adult hens are in there first.
No health issues, they manage in a sort of pecking order so no bloody mean stuff going on. They are all settled and quiet in the hen house at night.
But the rooster hasn’t crowed. He is a beautiful boy with that gorgeous deep green in his arched tail feathers and his saddle feathers and neck are a shimmering red. Can’t figure it out unless its a dominant adult hen just freaking him out to be quiet?
My rooster didn’t crow until almost 5 months. Idk why. He just hadn’t 🤷🏽‍♀️ give him time lol

Back
Top Bottom