Why have all 6 Bantams stopped laying eggs at once?

NeeNee Hen

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2021
They are 4ish years old and live Australia. 4xAustralian Langshan’s 2x Pure Silkie. We were getting 3-4 eggs a day then one of the silkies went broody and sat in the nesting box for 1 week. Egg production stopped once this happened and has never returned it’s been 3months now and not 1 egg. Any suggestions. We haven’t changed anything that we weren’t doing previously while we were getting eggs. I have always fed them showbird breeder MP. It was summer when this started and now it is 1 month into autumn.

They are 4ish years old and live Australia. 4xAustralian Langshan’s 2x Pure Silkie. We were getting 3-4 eggs a day then one of the silkies went broody and sat in the nesting box for 1 week. Egg production stopped once this happened and has never returned it’s been 3months now and not 1 egg. Any suggestions. We haven’t changed anything that we weren’t doing previously while we were getting eggs. I have always fed them showbird breeder MP. It was summer when this started and now it is 1 month into autumn.
Are they molting? Mine tend to molt in autumn and when they molt, they reserve their nutrients to regrow feathers.

They might have chosen an outside nesting spot with their usual nest box constantly occupied.
Also, broodiness is contageous.

Check their butts to see who is still laying (wherever it may be), and who is not:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Back
Top Bottom